Women's Re-Inspiration Fellowship→
ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIP:
The Fellowship is an experiential learning program that furnishes women with the skills, knowledge, confidence, and connections to pursue careers within the social sector and/or use their experience for social impact. The year-long fellowship starts with four full-day workshops hosted by local social impact organizations. The Career Toolkit portion of these workshops focuses particularly on the case of transition after time out of the formal workforce. The workshop is followed by network membership, which includes facilitated introductions to organizations within the IC network, workshops and support from IC staff, discounted event access, and more.
WHY WE'RE HERE:
Our system of work is broken. Women who are transitioning careers, whether to switch sectors or to re-enter after a career break face unique obstacles, biases, and challenges as they seek to find work that is both flexible (fitting their lifestyle) and fulfilling (contributing to the greater good!)
At the same time, we work with and know lots of amazing impact organizations (both nonprofit and for-profit) who have a hard time finding and attracting top talent to help pursue their mission effectively.
We built the Re-Inspiration Fellowship to bridge this divide.
WHY GET RE-INSPIRED?
Most women who enter our program have already been considering their next steps on their own, but lack the network connections, confidence in their alignment with prospective opportunities, and sector-related knowledge to get started. Our program provides:
- A network of peers who are going through the same transition (or who have successfully made the transition already) to help support you and share their own knowledge and connections.
- Sector-based workshops in relevant trends, concepts and skills needed to be up-to-date (Examples include: earned income for nonprofits, design thinking, social enterprise, corporate responsibility)
- Direct exposure to impact organizations via site visits to nonprofits, social enterprises, and corporates, where you'll get to meet directly with staff and get a feel for their office.
- Ongoing access to readings, events, videos, and job postings that are curated by the IC staff to build your continued awareness of the sector
- Professional development and input from the IC staff, alumni, and trained coaches
We currently run programs in three locations: NYC, Fairfield County, Connecticut, and Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina.
To find out upcoming program dates, pricing, and more for your location, fill out the interest form to be notified when the next program cohort applications open: