We’re looking for an experienced professional to support our team in an exciting moment of growth, taking the lead on a new business line in close collaboration with our CEO and team, while also developing stage-appropriate and productivity-enhancing systems. This person (title TBA based on selected candidate's experience) will build and sell a new B2B offering, repurposing Inspiring Capital’s content as a Learning and Development (with diversity, wellness, engagement, and community benefits) offering for purpose-driven employers. There will also be an opportunity to plan and oversee Inspiring Capital’s geographic expansion in late 2017.
What you'd do with us:
End-to-End Product Development and Sales
- Transform IC’s existing content into offerings for employers to provide as Learning & Development (L&D) programs for purpose-driven employees
- Build relationships with Talent / HR / L&D professionals as potential customers
- Manage customization and rollout of L&D offerings
Geographic Expansion Planning and Execution
- Design a process to collect interest from possible allies in new markets
- Identify and manage counterparts in new markets to open IC’s 3rd market (2018)
Build and Roll Out Structure and Systems
- Develop systems in your role and elsewhere in IC to facilitate our scalability
- Design and manage part-time projects done by interns and IC Fellows
- Play the COO role on the IC team until we have a full-time COO, keeping an eye on opportunities to systematize our growth when suitable
What you've been doing, pre-IC, has given you:
- 7-15 years’ experience in some blend of B2B product development and/or sales; expansion strategy and execution; early stage startup operations
- Exposure to adult learning, including building and facilitating training programs, ideally in a corporate context
- Highly organized, with a belief in serendipity and the 80/20 rule
- Experience building processes and training teammates to use and love them
- Ability to get the best out of a team to stay focused, productive, and having fun
- Belief in the power of leverage by dot connecting, or as eShares' culture deck teaches, "maximizing impact for a given effort"
- Passion for helping to make work meaningful, for professionals and employers
- Commitment to continuous improvement, and comfort with the Reid Hoffman belief that if you’re not embarrassed by your first release, you shipped too late
- Appreciation of the flexibility, ambiguity, and collaboration of startup life
Inspiring Capital is an awesome team to be part of. We've got big plans, all related to making work meaningful (and so, motivating). We think hard, work smart, collaborate with other inspiring organizations and individuals, and never - or at least rarely! - forget to have a good time doing it!
Crain's named us 1 of 10 "socially responsible startups that are changing the way New York does business". We're also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Some benefits and perks that IC team members particularly enjoy:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Work-from-home options
- Flexible schedule and vacation policy
- Parental leave policy
- Authentic, supportive and striving work environment
- Quarterly retreats and other regular team brainstorms
- Frequent IC-hosted, -condoned, and -facilitated networking opportunities
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume at https://www.fitzii.com/apply/16320. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting April 12, with a target start date of mid to late May. We take hiring seriously to find the best match between your skills and our needs. And so, we aim to be thorough, transparent, and human! The next steps are:
- Phone screen (20-30 min)
- Submission of a sample work process (2-3 days turnaround)
- In-person top-grading interview (1.5-2 hours)
- Reference checks (2-3 days turnaround)
PLEASE NOTE: we do not consider applications submitted without a cover letter. If you're interested, include a resume and cover letter describing your interest in our work and qualifications for THIS specific position.