Inspiring Capital helps social enterprises develop revenue streams to become self-funded and truly sustainable. We work with forward-thinking (non-profit or for-profit) social enterprises to optimize their core business and then explore ways to monetize that core business to support their social mission without requiring grants or donations. In parallel, we educate donors about why the process of becoming self-funding is valuable and how they can help non-profits pursue true sustainability.
The candidate selected will work closely with the Founder and the Director of Products & Marketing on varied tasks related to the development of Inspiring Capital as a business, as well as client tasks, according to the intern’s interests, qualifications, and skills. The position offers unparalleled exposure to the cutting edge of social enterprise and impact investing. For the right high-performing candidate, myriad opportunities will emerge with Inspiring Capital, clients, and other connections.
This is an unpaid internship. We are seeking a commitment of 2 days per week, although most of the work can be done remotely, with at least one working session a week in Chelsea, and relatively flexible hours.
- Business development & account management including contact database management
- Online research and outreach
- Conferences and special event management & administration
- General administration & operations support
- Others TBA depending on candidate capacity and organizational needs
Education and experience
- Knowledge of online media, particularly in the entrepreneurship, social entrepreneurship, philanthropy, and impact investing spaces
- 1-4 years of professional experience – performance and references count more than the role
- Demonstrated passion for social enterprise (classwork, research, jobs, and/or volunteer work)
- Flexible, self-motivated, and keen to work independently and efficiently for organization’s mission
- Ability to work at multiple levels, contributing strategic thinking as well as diligently executing administrative and practical tasks
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, with a wide range of counterparts
- Good-natured, upbeat, enthusiastic, and collaborative team player
- Committed to high-quality work and attention to detail
- Experience with CRM, particularly Salesforce, preferred
Candidates should send a resume and concise cover letter explaining their interest in and qualifications for the position to email@example.com with the subject: “Pick me”. Candidates should also include two writing samples. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis.