We had an excellent experience with a Deloitte extern in 2015 and are looking for a few to fill those shoes in 2016! We’re now managing client projects year round and expect to have 30% more clients, and 50% more summer fellows and trainees in 2016. So we’re growing, and we need some creative people with serious consulting chops to help!
Which is where you come in! If you:
- have more than 18 months of full-time experience as a consultant
- are going to business school or pursuing another new frontier, and want an opportunity to work for clients who are authentically working to integrate their profits and purpose
- understand your management skills, including strengths and weaknesses of your style
- want to learn more about social impact through service to organizations and professionals in the sector
- participate voraciously in professional and personal development activities
Maybe you’ve got some of this experience to share too:
- work with pro bono, nonprofit clients through your firm or on the side
- management experience of direct reports or volunteers
You’d be applying those skills and experience to the following responsibilities:
- helping scope and oversee client projects, serving as a ‘partner’ to help our participants and fellows deliver superb work, in close collaboration with Jeff, our Director of Client Engagement
- serving as an internal consultant to design and own a project related to Inspiring Capital’s growth, in close collaboration with Nell, our Founder and CEO
- participating in (and contributing to when relevant) the IC summer training program with MBA fellows and undergrad trainees
Inspiring Capital is an awesome team to be part of. We’ve got big plans, all related to cultivating purpose-driven work. We think hard, work smart, collaborate with other inspiring organizations and individuals, and
never rarely forget to have a good time doing it! Crain’s named us 1 of 10 "socially responsible startups that are changing the way New York does business" this year! We’re also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
We’ll be taking externs on as early as February to help with our women’s program placements and preparation for the summer. The externship is largely a training role and not salaried, with compensation to be agreed on a case-by-case basis.
Feeling interested and inspired? Check out our online application: