Social Enterprise Summer Training Institute→
The Social Enterprise Summer Training Institute (SESTI) provides highly qualified and motivated undergraduates with unparalleled exposure to client work for thought-leading organizations that are integrating their profits and purpose.
Each SESTI participant works directly with an MBA fellow to deliver a client project. SESTIs also participate in the IC learning program, with programming the first and last week of the summer and one day a week. Some SESTI sessions are taught at the graduate level, together with the MBA fellows, and others are designed specifically for the undergraduate perspective. The work with and alongside top MBAs, as well as direct client service experience, provides access beyond traditional undergraduate summer opportunities, offering superb preparation for consulting or other social sector roles.
Specifically, over the ten weeks, SESTI participants will gain:
- exposure to the social sector, including trends and related professional opportunities
- network of experts, peers, and near-peers (MBA students)
- teamwork and presentation skills
- client service experience under the guidance of an MBA and the IC team
- project skills and experience depending on your client assignment (may include pricing strategy, impact measurement, financial modeling, strategic planning, branding of social enterprises, etc - read case studies of past client work!
If you aspire to launch a purposeful career, have demonstrated success in your campus community, and are ready for this level of exposure and responsibility, apply here.
Participants are expected to live in the New York City area for the summer, where client work and training sessions are held. Academic credit can be issued if your college or university allows training programs to qualify as independent study. The tuition for SESTI is $3800. There are limited financial assistance funds available. For more information, email email@example.com.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: May 31, 2016
→ Servant Leadership
→ Skills Identification & Gaps
→ Career Preferences & Needs
→ Presentation Skills
→ Research, Synthesis, & Analysis
→ Client Service
→ Project Management
→ Awareness of trends related to integrated profits and purpose
→ Access to a network of thought leaders and potential employers