We’re looking for a fabulous part-time employee (~20–30 hours/week) to take our Women’s Re-Inspiration program to the next level. The Partnerships Manager will build relationships with social sector organizations (nonprofits, foundations, social enterprises, impact investors, and corporate sustainability) and engage those organizations as training hosts, speakers, and consulting clients.
Many solutions are beginning to crop up to assist women re-entering the workforce, but Inspiring Capital's program is unique in its ability to provide fulfilling options that also make a social impact. The Re-Inspiration Program is an experiential learning program that furnishes women with the skills, knowledge, and confidence to pursue careers within the social sector and use their experience for social impact. Program participants have the opportunity to do some social sector consulting after our training. The role of the Partnerships Manager is to lead the development and oversight of those projects.
Since June 2014, 30 women have come through our Re-Inspiration program, and 30 MBAs and 20 Undergrads have come through our summer fellowship programs as well. We’ll engage over 100 women in the Tri-State area in 2017, and start operations in other cities around the US too! In other words, we’re growing and need creative, flexible, hard-working colleagues who share our passion for unlocking under-used talent to solve social and environmental problems more strategically and sustainably.
Which is where you come in! If you:
· know and love the power (and challenges) of professional women getting back in the game in professional roles;
· excel at owning a process from start to finish (in this case, outreach to partnership formation to selling consulting services to project scoping and oversight);
· relish the flexibility, ambiguity, and collaboration of building new things;
· are stubbornly committed to our pursuit of activating and leveraging resources to accelerate social change and sustainable economic growth; and
· aspire to join a hard-working, dynamic team that’s building for big growth and impact!
Maybe you’ve got some of this experience to share too:
· working or volunteering with nonprofit, foundations, social enterprises, or impact investors;
· selling, managing, and/or delivering consulting services; or
· matching candidates with roles based on their experience, work style, and personality.
This is a chance to be part of our awesome team at Inspiring Capital.
You’d report to our Director of Programs (in NYC) and/or Re-Inspiration Program Manager (part-time, in CT – we’re currently seeking to fill this role too!); work closely with our Women’s Program Associate in Raleigh, NC; and our CEO, Growth Associate, and Director of Client Engagement (all based in NYC), to:
· spread the word about our Women’s Re-Inspiration Program to social sector organizations through varied means, including in-person and online events, partnerships with strategic groups, and one-on-one meetings with influencers;
· attract training hosts to provide venues for our women’s Re-Inspiration program in CT and NYC (4-10 training days in Fall 2016 in NYC and 20-40 training days in NYC & CT in 2017) in close collaboration with our Re-Inspiration Program Manager;
· design and sell consulting projects to social sector organizations and match Re-Inspiration Program participants with those roles;
· represent Inspiring Capital in the Fairfield County and CT communities; and
· other initiatives and tasks as you and we see fit to optimize the growth of Inspiring Capital’s presence in the Tri-State area and beyond.
At Inspiring Capital we’ve got big plans, all related to making work meaningful (and so, motivating). We think hard, work smart, collaborate with other inspiring organizations and individuals, and never rarely forget to have a good time doing it! Crain’s named us 1 of 10 "socially responsible startups that are changing the way New York does business"! We’re also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Some benefits and perks of working at IC that our team particularly enjoys:
• Work-from-home options
• Flexible vacation policy
• ‘What IF Wednesdays’ and other regular team brainstorms
• IC-hosted, -condoned, and -facilitated networking opportunities quarterly or more
• A salary that is commensurate with experience plus immense satisfaction in creating positive social impact!