Six ventures competed on April 7, 2016 to win a year's worth of consulting talent (from Inspiring Capital), legal advice (from Thomson Reuter's Foundation), and communications assistance (from Brunswick Group).
- 1 year of Inspiring Capital Consulting Professionals: 1 MBA and one Undergraduate summer fellow, and 4-5 professionals from our Professionals' programs, as well as ongoing supervision from the full-time IC team, quarterly in-person check-ins with workshops as needed, and access to the IC network (events, curated introductions, etc to experts and potential investors, clients, employees, and partners)
- Ongoing legal guidance via a fast-tracked membership with TrustLaw, pending final confirmation of eligibility with
- Communications advisory work from Brunswick Group
- Access to supplementary services from the IC Network, potentially including: PR guidance, or digital & re-branding guidance.
- Non-profit or for-profit social ventures incorporated fewer than 2 years ago (or entirely new business lines within an existing organization.
- Able to demonstrate viable impact AND business models
- Ability to manage NYC-based consulting and network [we don’t mind if you’re not in NYC, but want you to be able to take full advantage]
Ariane de Vienne is a Managing Director at Cornerstone Capital, charged with building the firm's ESG integrated investment advisory business. Before joining Cornerstone, Ariane was Principal at AV Advisors LP/LLC in both Hong Kong and New York. She launched and built the independent impact advisory consultancy to work with individuals, families and foundations and provided business consulting to intermediaries and social entrepreneurs.
Ariane currently serves as President and is on the Board of Directors at High Water Women, a New York City nonprofit. One of the programs she is driving for the organization is their annual Investing for Impact Symposium. She also serves on the US Board of Directors of The Climate Group, a global nonprofit whose mission is to work with leaders at the top of government, business and society to reduce carbon emissions and accelerate the transition to a vibrant low carbon economy. She is a Senior Advisor to Boundless Impact Investing LLC, New York, and SustainAsia Ltd, Hong Kong, and an Ambassador to TBLI, a Dutch-based organization dedicated to raising awareness about the benefits and opportunities of impact investing.
Charlie O'Donnell is the sole Partner and Founder at Brooklyn Bridge Ventures and loves it that way. The fund makes seed investments and the first venture firm located in Brooklyn--where he was born and raised. The longest he has been outside of the five boroughs of New York City is three weeks.
Charlie has a reputation for being early to identifying important companies. Nick Bilton identifies him as an influence on early Twitter investors in his book, Hatching Twitter. Dennis Crowley credits him as having helped kick off the first funding of Foursquare before other VCs had said yes. At First Round Capital, he sourced the firm's investments in Singleplatform (sold to Constant Contact) and GroupMe (sold to Skype). Charlie discovered GroupMe at the hackathon where the service had been built. He also sourced investments in Backupify (which was an idea he had tweeted to the founder, a friend of his), chloe + isabel, Refinery29, Docracy, and Salescrunch.